Transport Management System: Making Logistics Supply Chain Successful
With the constant technology evolution, the supply chain logistics is being introduced to a new and innovative way of shipping consignments. The future of shipping lies the way the technology is conceived and adopted to automate manual processes. The new normal of shipping is not only growing business to large scale but also optimizing their supply chains.
TMS (Transport Management System) is one such automation that is helping manage and automate the operations by providing visibility into the transportation activities for any warehouse. Not only that, it saves time and money while providing insights on key parameters: transportation planning and its execution, freight payment, business intelligence and disaster recovery management.
How does the Transport Management System work?
TMS is a tech platform used in logistics, helping businesses to plan, implement and optimize the movement of consignment, whether it’s inbound or outbound. It offers complete visibility into transport operations (air, sea, road or rail), compliances and documentation and ensures that consignment is delivered on time at the right delivery point.
Why TMS is needed?
- Operational efficiency: With TMS, one can easily consolidate order and optimize route plan and schedule accordingly. Also, can orchestrate complex shipments, transshipments, as well as LCLs movement easily.
- Saves time and money: TMS helps to reduce the amount of time and money spent on shipping and logistics services. As the application is helpful in increasing efficiency, optimization of ideas, provide visibility, and automate reporting and analytics, it is sure to reduce spend.
- Better inventory management: Manage orders and shipments in real-time. Get a status update and accurate inventory forecast to improve the entire logistics movement.
- Track and trace deliveries: With TMS, you can easily track and trace your shipment from warehouse to final delivery in real-time and easily handle expectations.
- Analytics and reporting: All the reports can be easily downloaded in various formats and can be used for analytics. Customized reports can also be retrieved with respect to shipments, inventory available up to SKU level. Analysis of reports can give you visibility, control to make decisions and help in saving money and time.
Advantages of TMS
Accurate order fulfillment: A trustworthy TMS provides accurate shipping information with real-time tracking and complete visibility which increases order fulfillment drastically. The errors and discrepancies are prevented and in case of minor snags, the situation can be rectified without the customer being impacted.
Improve customer experience: Every customer today needs a fast and safe delivery and sometimes customized deliveries, which is quite challenging and requires proper planning and efforts. The business has to adapt to these changes to sustain in the market, and TMS comes as a rescuer as it bridges the gap between order management and warehouse management system. With these tools, it becomes easy to consolidate customer orders and find the best carrier at a competitive price.
Supply chain visibility & gathering insights: with TMS at your disposal, you can integrate with any ERP to get complete visibility of the entire supply chain. It helps to solve issues that are encountered during the movement of consignment without compromising on performance.
Reduce human error and streamline operations: Customers can integrate their ERP with their TMS to reduce human errors while duplicating orders. All details are presented on a single screen that makes decision making better and accurate.
Today companies like 20Cube are into the creation of a collaborative application which not only has Transport Management System but also integrates Warehousing Management System, freight forwarding and global trade on a single platform.